Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally Bruffy posts his inspiration

Ah... NPR and This American Life... yes. Ok, but this has really stuck with me.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/425/slow-to-react
It is the first story on "Slow to React" called "When I Grow Up"
The story for me is both about strangers lives being interconnected but also about how the actions of our youth, or anytime in life, effect other people in ways we may never have imagined.
This story, made me tear up on the subway, though that is not that out of character for me while listening to This American Life on the subway. I like to have my own private opera.
(As a side note, the second story is by a friend of mine, also a playwright and definitely worth checking out)...
The story is in print here: http://www.westword.com/2004-05-13/news/stalking-the-bogeyman/

As another note before I sign-off my lame-late post...
Ani Difranco has a line from Hell Yeah that goes:
life is a b-movie 
it's stupid and it's strange 
it's a directionless story 
and the dialogue is lame 
but in the he said she said 
sometimes there's some poetry 
if you turn your back long enough 
and let it happen naturally



No comments:

Post a Comment